I was trying to find a quick breakfast option for my family, and stumbled upon a recipe online for Breakfast Egg Cups. I tweaked the original recipe just a bit, and my family absolutely loved them! Additionally, I found a way to eat eggs, since previously I didn’t like them – go figure! Here’s the recipe:
- 6 eggs
- Ham or Turkey slices
- 6-8 florets of broccoli (cooked and chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- In the muffin tin, drape each muffin cup with two slices of meat (to make a “cup” that will hold the egg mixture).
- Crack 6 eggs into a measuring cup, mix in broccoli, and mix in salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into each “meat cup”.
- Top each one with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 2 min and then remove from pan.