This is a current picture of my hair progress (3/20/17) after washing, deep conditioning, blow drying, and a light press. My hair is armpit length (APL) when fully stretched. I don’t really like hair typing, but I’m most likely 4B/4C. I have low porosity hair so I use water-based products to assist my hair with staying moisturized. I’ve been asked about my regimen, so I’m sharing it here now. I watch my hair every two weeks and follow this same process each time:
- Unrefined Coconut Oil (Brand: LouAna)
- Clarify – Kinky Curly Come Clean (wash 1-2 times)
- Moisture – Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Shampoo (wash 1 time)
- Cantu Deep Treatment Masque (Leave in for 30 min. and then rinse out)
Moisturize (LOC Method)
- Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
- Coconut Oil
- Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
Typically, I wear mini twists or large twists that I pin into an updo. I blow dry and press my hair when I need to trim my ends.
*I trim my ends 4 times per year (once per quarter).
What regimen are you following to promote healthy, natural hair?